I'll be blunt. I HATE the idea of "ghost" rallies. It is the single reason I stopped playing Game of War. I think it's an unbelievable aspect of an otherwise great game. If you don't know what I'm talking about it's where you can send all of your troops on a (normally) 8-hour rally, and then just cancel it when you log on next. During the rally your offensive units stay at your base and are untouchable by any attacker.

My suggestion, which would accomplish the same goal is to introduce a building in each base calling the Bunker. The Bunker would serve offensive units in the same way the Storehouse serves resources. Players would have to ACTIVELY put offensive units in the Bunker and they would not be able to be attacked by anyone, nor would they be able to participate in anything else (attacks, defense, gathering, occupying, camping, etc.) They can be stored as long as the player chooses. The higher the level of the Bunker the more units can be stored. Garages would still be needed to repair offensive units you want to participate in defending. I understand the want and need of players to protect troops from bullying "coiners," and this is accomplishing the same goal as "ghost" rallies in a much more believable and game-consistent way.