Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nexus 5 crash after update

I actually reinstalled the 1.26.2 apk that I had backed up and it's working just fine on my Nexus 5 again. It's just more confirmation that my hunch about the api level being the issue is correct

GŁncelleme hata inivasion durdu. Fulrelax

Hello guys! We are really sorry for the trouble and for the delay of reply. As for your issues, could you please tell us more information. Please give us the following information.
    1.The game version.
    2.The device type.
    3.The system type.
    4.A small video for your issue would be preferred.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding!

The device is nexus 6
    It works on marshmallow
    The version don't know
    Press on invasion it says unfortunately invasion has stopped working
    Can't send a video or picture as it says the file is too large

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Wood View Post
    The device is nexus 6
    It works on marshmallow
    The version don't know
    Press on invasion it says unfortunately invasion has stopped working
    Can't send a video or picture as it says the file is too large
    We are really sorry for the inconvenience this issue has caused to you. We are now trying our best to fix this issue ASAP. Please kindly give us more time. Meanwhile we kindly suggest you to use another device to play our game during that time. Thank you for your understanding!

Nexus 5
    Android 6.0
    Game version 1.26.4
    The app Force Closes immediately upon trying to open.

As my previous posts indicate, the game has worked fine on Android Marshmallow up until this version of the game. I've personally rolled back to version 1.26.2 of the game and have had no problems since. Please have your devs look into the api level they are calling for in the 1.26.4 build of the game, I'm confident that this is the reason the app currently crashes from my troubleshooting.

Update: Here is a video. I first show that I'm currently running version 1.26.2, I then update it in the play store to 1.26.4 and you can see the app crash. I do some basic troubleshooting like wipe the cache and data from the app but it still crashes. I then reinstall version 1.26.2 to show that it works again.

Update2: Even more info for Tap4fun devs: http://developer.android.com/about/v...0-changes.html
    "Runtime Permissions
    This release introduces a new permissions model, where users can now directly manage app permissions at runtime. This model gives users improved visibility and control over permissions, while streamlining the installation and auto-update processes for app developers. Users can grant or revoke permissions individually for installed apps.

On your apps that target Android 6.0 (API level 23) or higher, make sure to check for and request permissions at runtime. To determine if your app has been granted a permission, call the new checkSelfPermission() method. To request a permission, call the new requestPermissions() method. Even if your app is not targeting Android 6.0 (API level 23), you should test your app under the new permissions model.

For details on supporting the new permissions model in your app, see Working with System Permissions. For tips on how to assess the impact on your app, see Permissions Best Practices."

If in fact that the app now targets API level 23 as it looks like it does now, this is the sole reason why the app now crashes. Please fix ASAP.
    Last edited by CJ Tinsley; 11-16-2015 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Tinsley View Post
    Nexus 5
    Android 6.0
    Game version 1.26.4
    The app Force Closes immediately upon trying to open.

As my previous posts indicate, the game has worked fine on Android Marshmallow up until this version of the game. I've personally rolled back to version 1.26.2 of the game and have had no problems since. Please have your devs look into the api level they are calling for in the 1.26.4 build of the game, I'm confident that this is the reason the app currently crashes from my troubleshooting.

Update: Here is a video. I first show that I'm currently running version 1.26.2, I then update it in the play store to 1.26.4 and you can see the app crash. I do some basic troubleshooting like wipe the cache and data from the app but it still crashes. I then reinstall version 1.26.2 to show that it works again.

Update2: Even more info for Tap4fun devs: http://developer.android.com/about/v...0-changes.html
    "Runtime Permissions
    This release introduces a new permissions model, where users can now directly manage app permissions at runtime. This model gives users improved visibility and control over permissions, while streamlining the installation and auto-update processes for app developers. Users can grant or revoke permissions individually for installed apps.

On your apps that target Android 6.0 (API level 23) or higher, make sure to check for and request permissions at runtime. To determine if your app has been granted a permission, call the new checkSelfPermission() method. To request a permission, call the new requestPermissions() method. Even if your app is not targeting Android 6.0 (API level 23), you should test your app under the new permissions model.

For details on supporting the new permissions model in your app, see Working with System Permissions. For tips on how to assess the impact on your app, see Permissions Best Practices."

If in fact that the app now targets API level 23 as it looks like it does now, this is the sole reason why the app now crashes. Please fix ASAP.
    Thank for all the information you provide. I have forwarded it and we will investigate it further. Meanwhile, could you please kindly share the way to roll back to version 1.26.2? I are sorry that I don't know it before. If I know, it would have reduced the losses and trouble of players. Your cooperation would be highly appreciated! Thanks!

Hi I was only able to roll back to a previous version because I keep weekly backups of my apps using ES file Explorer. Because of this I was able to reinstall the old version. This isn't something that most people are going to be able to do. With that said, if T4F was able to provide us with an official APK of the older version of the app in this thread. It would allow the affected users to download and install a working version of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Tinsley View Post
    Hi I was only able to roll back to a previous version because I keep weekly backups of my apps using ES file Explorer. Because of this I was able to reinstall the old version. This isn't something that most people are going to be able to do. With that said, if T4F was able to provide us with an official APK of the older version of the app in this thread. It would allow the affected users to download and install a working version of the game.
    Thanks for the information. Now 1.26.3 is available for every player. Please go to http://akamai.p301.tap4fun.com/clien...2603_35821.apk or our official website http://invasion.tap4fun.com/ to download it. Then your issue could be fixed. Thanks!

There was an update to the playstore version that now has the permissions issue fixed, so no APK work around is needed.

Thanks Tap4Fun for fixing it.