Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How about actually taking action against cheaters!!!!

How about actually taking action against cheaters!!!!

It is truly getting sickening the way cheaters and exploiters are allowed to continue to play without any repercussions, while the rest of the gaming community suffers.

First, there was a SEVERE rash of players who exploited the Guild Event function in Zones 5 & 6, (probably others) which led to some players acquiring 1000 30minute speedups or more. The result, those players gained incredible power, not to mention diamonds and other rewards from other regular events. Tap4fun's response: discontinue Guild Events in at least zone 5 & 6 for over two months!!! The players who not only grossly exploited the mechanic but distributed the information to others so that they could exploit this mechanic as well, NOTHING!!! That's correct, not a single player suffered any repercussions of any kind! And yes, not only was the issue reported to Tap4fun, but the names of the main players, as well as screenshots of communications sent by players instructing others how to exploit the mechanic.

Second: Several players have now taken advantage of Apple to gain an unfair advantage in the game. This refers to the purchasing of game packs through the Apple Store and then requesting a refund because the purchases were "a mistake." This has allowed several players to acquire thousands of diamonds, speedups, resources, etc. for free. Because of this several players have been able to jump exponentially in power in the span of a couple weeks. It is blatantly obvious when a player that has been playing for months suddenly doubling or tripling their power within a two-week time span. ( One player in zone 6 was struggling at around 45mil power and no where near unlocking T4 and is now over 200mil power with over 1million T4 units all within about three weeks. ) Sure, his profile shows a VIP level of 11, which means he bought diamonds and that would be that; however, he posted HOW he acquired all those diamonds FREE. Not only did he brag about exploiting Apple and Tap4fun, but was disseminating how he did it and posting it on Line, in game emails, and other channels to that others could also cheat. Again, Tap4fun was notified of this, and screenshots of the player detailing his scam were also supplied to Tap4fun, and even the players bogus refund requests to Apple included. Tap4funs response: They would take NO ADVERSE ACTION against the cheating players!!!

Here is the real slap in the face to all you honest players of this game. Tap4fun stated, and there are copies of this response posted in several places, they would take no action not because of a lack of evidence but because the players have not cheated 3 times. WHAT THE F.....!!! So apparently Tap4fun has a 3-strike rule, you are free to exploit the game mechanics, commit credit card fraud, wire fraud, etc. and acquire thousands of diamonds as long as you do not do so three times!!

Lesson: Tap4fun could literally care less if you a cheater as long as you only cheat twice. Unbalanced play is apparently only lip service. When I heard, and saw the evidence, I was appalled as a player. I have since stopped playing and supporting this immoral company. I will NEVER play one of their games again and am seriously considering legal action in light of the official companies response to its acceptance of players engaging in criminal activity to gain an unfair advantage in the game.

The Guild Event problem was something that lasted a while. I reported it as well a back ago and I was told it wasn't actually against the rules. This glitch itself was actually hard to accomplish as well. It took many players, and a lot of troops to be able to get the rewards.

As far as the payment thing, that's something that Tap cannot exactly control. And its not like this only affects Taps games. This applies to any game that has in-app purchases. And if I remember right, one can only get a refund from Apple two times in total for anything that was a mistake. Any more than that then you will not get it refunded. I don't know Google Plays rules, but it's not something that is Taps fault.

I know these problems do suck for a lot of players, but hopefully it is something that will change in the future.

Actually, for anyone outside of the United States Apple changed its refund policy due to new European regulations. Because of the regulations Apple states that anyone can request a refund within 14 days after purchase with "No Questions" asked. Yes, you do not even need to supply a reason, just submit a request. Google, as it has always done, requires a stated reason and refunds submitted to Google for In-App purchases must be submitted to the developer first, before making request to Google.

And yes, I agree that it not only affects Invasion but every game that offers In-App purchases. Simply because it is not specifically on Tap4fun's side of the equation does not mean that they cannot control or enforce published Terms of Service for which such actions are in violation. Technically the purchasing of game accounts is not within the control of Tap4fun, but they can still ban any accounts that are found to be in violation of the TOS that does not permit such transactions; however, they may not unless this was the 3rd offense committed as stated by a Tap4fun representative.

I do agree that if we can prove it (TAKE SS WHEN THEY ADMIT IT) that there should be actions taken against these players, such as bans. However, we cannot control tap... tap controls tap. Unfortunately just one or two players quitting because of this issue does not help anything. We will bring it up to tap again... and we will hope they take action this time, but there are never any guarantees there.

That would be great! I have screenshots of all the interactions, from chats to responses from Apple and case numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirkheldar View Post
    That would be great! I have screenshots of all the interactions, from chats to responses from Apple and case numbers.
    then send them to tap!! Or to us here it doesn't matter either way.

Allie, sent in PM.

on google play its only 1 -2 times possible cause they say u they sent u instructions to not have this problem anymore (other person buyed or unwanted payment) but the problem ppl just have to make another account

Check this out. Player has less RSS collected than me at lvl 19 right. My power is 10 mil which is really good. I have collected over 270 mil in RSS. Major buildings are lvl 18 or lvl 19 with other buildings being around lvl 10. I've only traded about 5 mil RSS. So again, I'm on par for where I'm supposed to be. Check out these people. And by the way, this zone has only been open a month or so and these people didn't exist at the beginning. I started before them with 13 days left until zone opens up to the public. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20160709-034232.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	1001
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20160710-160536.jpg  

I get ripped off by Tap 4 Fun on every purchase , you see they like to double fist you if your an Aussie , currently $1.32 AUD is $1USD but the packs are $159.99 Aussie dollars. Nice rip off and it's been this way for about a year . Expect nothing from Tap 4 Fun because they won't do anything they will just continue to line their pockets and laugh at the idea of the fairness we speak of. For we are not looked at as paying customers, more like numbers nothing more to to them.