Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Opinion Piece] How to get the most out of your gaming experience...

[Opinion Piece]How to get the MOST out of your Base/Guild - Updated 9-15-2016

Hello Fellow Commanders!

Thought I would throw up a list of tips and tricks to get the most out of our gaming experience with Invasion. Feel free to comment any additional things that I may have missed. I will edit them into the main post as you add your comments so everything is in one place.

#1 - DIAMOND MINE
    This is no longer a player friendly option in my opinion. They have reduced the number of friends that can send you gifts from 100 down to 30. They have also now made it to where the Diamond mine will send you resources about half the time INSTEAD of diamonds. T4F has effed this feature up. It is not really work spamming your friends for the small amount that you receive either.
    Bind your main account to the diamond mine and join the Diamond Mine Group on Facebook to connect to your fellow commanders so you can add them as friends. You can get up to 1000 diamonds a day for FREE! (1800 a day for free, plus speed ups and Black Market coins if you invite your friends to play. I look at it as pay back for the MILLIONS of Candy Crush invitations I received. :-P). It only takes 50 other commanders as your friend of FB to get the max of 1000 diamonds. But I would add 60-70 to ensure that you are getting the max amount of gifts every day.

#2 - ALTERNATE ACCOUNTS FOR RESOURCES
    Use a 2nd or even a 3rd email address to create Alt/Farm accounts to supply your main base with extra resources. Everyone has an extra Gmail account or five laying around. Use them. This is completely allowed under the TOS and is considered as part of your strategy.

This may be a bit harder for Apple users. But you can also use multiple T4F accounts to bind your accounts to. This is a bit tedious since you have to log in with a username and password for each account, but worth it in the long run.

#3 - PLAY THE REBELS EVENT!
    Play the Rebels event to at least Level 51-100 every week to get at least 2100-6100 FREE diamonds. Once you start getting into the higher rebels, ask your guild mates to rally with you so you can get farther and offer to rally with them as well. You will also receive a TON of speed up's, Speed up II's and Officer Boxes to help boost your base and speed up your building and troop production times.

#4 - GO FOR VIP3 or VIP4 FOR GREAT BENEFITS
    UPDATE: DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE PURCHASE DIAMOND PACKAGES. TAP HAS DECIDED TO BAIT AND SWITCH HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF PLAYERS BY TAKING GIFT GIVING FROM VIP 3 TO VIP AND RETROACTIVELY APPLIED IT TO ALL ACCOUNTS. ALL THE PLAYERS THAT TOOK ALL THEIR FARMS TO VIP 3 ARE OUT A LOT OF MONEY AND HAVE HAD FRAUD AND THEFT OF SERVICES PERFORMED ON THEM.

#5 - JOIN AN ACTIVE GUILD
    Join a highly active guild. Your building time greatly decrease when you have lots of players tapping that help button. Especially if they have maxed out the Guild Research Centers "GUILD HELP" research to Level 3.

#6 - CHOOSE THE RIGHT GUILD
    When choosing a guild, make sure that not only are they highly active, but that they behave as a family team. That they will offer you extra rss laying around when you need to build. Just make sure that you do they same for them when you have extra. (9-15-2016 The only reason I still play this game is because of my guild mates. And while I could keep in touch with them outside of the game just as easy now, I like knowing what is going on and understanding the complaints and whatnot that they have.)

#7 - BUILD EVENLY
    Level you base(s) evenly. For each level of HQ you go up, make sure before you level HQ's up again, that ALL of your buildings are maxed for that level. This will save you A LOT of time later on in the game.

#8 - RESEARCH BEFORE BUILDING
    When you start researching T3 units, wait to start building them until you have all 4 researched. You food will quickly become a red zero once you start building and maintaining T3's. (This is where your other base(s) come in handy)

As soon as you unlock your lab, after the tutorial, the FIRST thing you should max your research on is CONSTRUCTION in the economy tab. And make sure to keep your Construction Research Maxed for the Lab Level you are at. It speeds up your building time so you are not waiting as long or having to use as many speed ups. Also, before building or researching, make sure your commander is ON THE BASE, and you have appointed the Officers with with highest Construction/Research Boosts to get the fastest Build/Research times.

#9 - OFFICERS
    Once you have Officers in play, try to have 4 of each kind of Officer, and level them up, and rotate them accordingly. The categories should be Research, Construction, Resource Production/Unit Load, and Combat. Switch the Officers out for what you are doing at THAT moment. The boost they give is when you START the activity. They do not have to be there the entire time. The exception to that is when you are gathering. When gathering, your commander must be in the march. Appoint all the Officers with the highest UNIT LOAD boost percentage.

#10 - ASK FOR A TITLE
    When you get to the higher buildings and research, ask you Government for a title to start your new building or research. A lot, but not all, governments lend out these titles to help the zone grow. Also, try to get as many helps from your guild mates as possible while you are holding the title. It super boost the helps while you hold the title. You can see a Head Quarter 21 go from 54 days to 20 days if you have enough active members when you start your upgrade. (This is dependent upon your guild have the Guild Research "HELP" maxed out.)

#11 - COLLECT COLLECT COLLECT
    Collect your items several times daily! Even if you just log in for 5 minutes to do so. Your Rewards Center can only hold 200 items, and then you start losing items. Also in the collection process, you want to open all your Officer boxes daily so they don't pile up on you. Trying to open over a 100 boxes is no fun. Get in the habit of at least once a day, opening all boxes and claiming your Black Market Coins & WarSim chips. (Tap ITEMS, Tap MY ITEMS at the top, Tap on SPECIAL and scroll to the bottom, "USE" all the boxes. Then tap RESOURCES, scroll to the bottom, "USE" all your Coins and Chips. This is will add them to your balance of available chips and coins when you are in the Black Market or the WarSim.) ALSO WATCH FOR FREE COMMANDER XP. The game will usually gift you 50k a day through your Routine Supply. You can also purchase these in the black market for coins.

Quote Originally Posted by Malo View Post
    Some other key tidbits....
    #12 - EXCEPTION TO RULE #7
    When upgrading your lab, wait to upgrade it to level 17-18 as long as possible. The point structure for research events is based on lab level. By waiting until it's absolutely necessary, you keep the points needed for max prizes much more attainable.

#13 - KNOW YOUR FORMATIONS AND ATTACK/DEFENSE TRINITY
    Study carefully the unit information tabs in both armory and defense center. This information helps to understand formation sets and the attack trinity.
    Addition:
    This is how units spar against each other:
    SUV's kill HELICPOTERS
    HELICOPTERS kill TANKS
    TANKS kill SUV's

#14 - DEFENSES
    While defenses should indeed be fully researched, avoid building them until you have a large (750k+) army to support them. Because they can't be rallied to safety, they are left to act as magnets for those who seek to do your base harm. This coupled with exorbitant cost to build, make them a poor investment for fledgling bases.

#15 - SPEED UPS & EVENTS
    Stockpile speedups through the week. Save them so you can time your build completions to match a given event. Is, if you have say 18 hrs left on a big research, it might be well worth it to burn some speedups so you finish it during a research event. Same holds for building upgrades and unit production. Save the speedup II's so when you have a pile of them you can spit out a mountain of troops during a unit production event. This again brings decent prizes and yes, often more diamonds.
    #16 - HAVE A ROUTINE!
    Get into a routine. So that you don't miss out on important stuff. This is the letter that I sent to my guild:

In order to help the new players, and maybe to help some of the others that may accidentally forget to do something's, I am suggesting a routine to help everyone get the most out our guild and base functions. This is the routine that I follow on all my accounts. This is how I am able to manage all my accounts with maximum benefits with minimal time consumption. Hope this helps everyone who doesn't already have a routine in place.

1-CHECK YOUR MAIL FOR IMPORTANT MESSAGES!! There are random messages from the Zone Government and the Guild Members that you may need to know about before you continue.

2- Collect everything from your REWARDS CENTER (Red Present Box). It will only hold up to 200, everything else you lose.

3- Open your ROUTINE SUPPLY (Glowing Chest). This refreshes several times a day. So collect as many as you can.

4- Click the HELP (Golden Handshake - right side of screen) and help all. You and the guild get FREE Black Market coins for this. Click the help button EVERY TIME YOU SEE IT. It helps the guild grow and collect GUILD EVENT prizes.

5- Collect all missions that are completed. Start any daily or guild missions if needed. (For $0.99 you can get VIP1 and collect all your daily missions instantly permanently)

6-Go to GUILD tab
    6A- Tap on Guild Buildings, Research Center, Donate. Donations cost 10k food each. You can do this up to 24 times every 6 hours. If YOU choose to use diamonds for the SUPER DONATION, it is appreciated, but NOT necessary.

6B-Go back out to main GUILD tab, tap GUILD BONUS. Donations cost 50k cash. Again, if YOU chose to use diamonds, it is appreciated, but not required.

6C- Go back out to main GUILD tab, and scroll down to check for GUILD CHEST and collect any that are available.

7- Then go about your building, researching, completing your DAILY LOG in the MISSIONS tab.
    #17 - COMMANDER TALENTS
    Edited by PM80. To see original post, click button above.

There's three settings types I use.

FULL BLOWN ECONOMY
    This entails maxing talents for research, construction and troop production. Extra talents go to gathering speed/Resource Production.

COMBAT (DEFENSE)
    Fill combat talents, making certain defense talents and total defense are maxed

COMBAT (ASSULT)
    Max combat talents, with certainty to max out unit health. Any extras can go toward total defense.

Also, each reset, be sure to appoint appropriate officers and keep them upgraded as much as possible. Same follows for medals.

You'll notice on Eco I don't focus much on RSS production, as my hypers are taking care of that.(See #18
    #18 - HYPER ACCOUNTS
    As requested, here is my basic guide for invasion hyper farming:

First, there's a big difference in approaching a hyper as opposed to a battle base. In addition to providing mountains of RSS, a good hyper can provide reinforcement troops for a main, easy PvP points when you're running behind on quality hits, diamonds, and also they help with hive security. Any farm OTHER THAN FOOD can produce troops. Food farms need to remain food positive. So once you've decided on a RSS type, set to making a base. For ease, I use outlook email, only because outlook allows alias addresses off one central email.

I'll fast forward past the simple crap we have done before.
    Like a combat base, start the farm with one armory,one garage and the rest mints. Mints need to be upgraded to max, for good cash output.
    With RSS, let's say your making an energy farm. One each of food, steel, and oil for purposes of leveling up HQ. The rest are energy plants. Upgrade to the max.

So far this is the simplistic stuff we all know to do.
    Here's where the hidden keys lay....
    Upgrading strategy for hypers is very different from a battle base. With hypers, the number 1 priority is talents,not power. Upgrade buildings that give most exp points.
    Research...yes its a farm, but be certain to research t3 and defenses fully, as these give big talent points. Also, fully research the RSS type you're farming.

Shipping center needs to be big as possible to limit tax per shipment

Base capacities: this is the biggie. If u click function on a RSS plant, you see hourly output, base output and base capacity. Base capacity is the quantity at which your farm will stop producing until you use or lose some. Therefore, to keep the RSS flowing, you must empty the RSS before it reaches capacity. Initially, this isn't a problem because for a while everything you produce will go towards building the farm. As production grows,however, you will require a bank. A good bank is at bare minimum hq18. This allows for a big shipping ctr for minimal tax and large shipments. That's it for now,I'm sure I'll think of more later.
    P.s....its a good idea to have vip3 on farms. As the diamond mine produces, its nice to be able to gift yourself items you may need.
    #19 - MAX YOUR MINTS
    Malo made me think of a good point with the mints. Not only do you want to max your mints for good cash flow, but also to super boost your troop production time. Each level of each mint adds a 1% boost to Troop Production. This may not seem like much, but it adds up quickly. On my main account, I get about 300% Troop Production Boost from my mints. Between mints, talent points, and research, I have almost 450% Boost time on my Troop Production. Eventually when you get T4's and start fighting more regularly, you will want to destroy your mints and build as many garages as you can to max level so you can take hits without losing troops. Repairing troops is faster and easier, as your guild mates can actually help you by tapping the help buttons.
    Last edited by john35; 10-07-2016 at 08:18 AM. Reason: updated info 9-15-2016
    PeaceMaker80
    Zone 34

Great job compiling this together! I can tell you spent your time constructing this thread, and I know that this will surely help some people out
    AND HIS NAME IS...

Asian

How do I get this sticky'd for new players to see?
    PeaceMaker80
    Zone 34

Quote Originally Posted by john35 View Post
    How do I get this sticky'd for new players to see?
    I believe that a Moderator or higher would need to do that, however this would probably be needed to be transferred to the New To Invasion section first.
    AND HIS NAME IS...

Asian

Quote Originally Posted by Asem Tamimi View Post
    nice post bud,
    Thank you. I wish a list like this existed when I started playing. I'd be much further along than I am now.
    PeaceMaker80
    Zone 34

This is pure awesome.

good stuff peace yea lets help zone 34 grow with this advice
    -TheChosen1
    Z34

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosen1 View Post
    good stuff peace yea lets help zone 34 grow with this advice
    -TheChosen1
    Z34
    Hey Chosen! Glad to see another Z34 here.
    PeaceMaker80
    Zone 34

Some other key tidbits....
    When upgrading your lab, wait to upgrade it to level 17-18 as long as possible. The point structure for research events is based on lab level. By waiting until it's absolutely necessary, you keep the points needed for max prizes much more attainable.

Study carefully the unit information tabs in both armory and defense center. This information helps to understand formation sets and the attack trinity.

While defenses should indeed be fully researched, avoid building them until you have a large (750k+) army to support them. Because they can't be rallied to safety, they are left to act as magnets for those who seek to do your base harm. This coupled with exorbitant cost to build, make them a poor investment for fledgling bases.

Stockpile speedups through the week. Save them so you can time your build completions to match a given event. Is, if you have say 18 hrs left on a big research, it might be well worth it to burn some speedups so you finish it during a research event. Same holds for building upgrades and unit production. Save the speedup 2s so when u have a pile of them you can spit out a mountain of troops during a unit production event. This again brings decent prizes and yes, often more diamonds.