Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Opinion Piece] How to get the most out of your gaming experience...

Quote Originally Posted by Malo View Post
    Some other key tidbits....
    When upgrading your lab, wait to upgrade it to level 17-18 as long as possible. The point structure for research events is based on lab level. By waiting until it's absolutely necessary, you keep the points needed for max prizes much more attainable.

Study carefully the unit information tabs in both armory and defense center. This information helps to understand formation sets and the attack trinity.

While defenses should indeed be fully researched, avoid building them until you have a large (750k+) army to support them. Because they can't be rallied to safety, they are left to act as magnets for those who seek to do your base harm. This coupled with exorbitant cost to build, make them a poor investment for fledgling bases.

Stockpile speedups through the week. Save them so you can time your build completions to match a given event. Is, if you have say 18 hrs left on a big research, it might be well worth it to burn some speedups so you finish it during a research event. Same holds for building upgrades and unit production. Save the speedup 2s so when u have a pile of them you can spit out a mountain of troops during a unit production event. This again brings decent prizes and yes, often more diamonds.
    Love it. I just talked about growing and diamond and completelty forgot to mention these. I am adding your quote to my orriginal post. :-)
    PeaceMaker80
    Zone 34

Updated list. More info available.

~bump~
    PeaceMaker80
    Zone 34

Updated again. Can anyone write something up about Talent Points? Mine are all over the board and I change them frequently. But most players will not have that as an option until they are built up quite a bit.

Malo, if you are still following this thread, can you do the Hyper Acct walk through. Even I am not good with hypers. LOL

Zach, Go through your mail for Pete's sake. It is full. Can this be stickied?
    Last edited by john35; 02-13-2016 at 05:46 PM. Reason: spelling
    PeaceMaker80
    Zone 34

OK first things first...talents.
    There's three settings types I use.
    Full blown eco- for me this entails maxing my talents for research, construction and troop production. Extra talents go to gathering speed.

Combat ( defense) fill combat talents, making certain defense talents and total defense are maxed
    Combat ( assault) max combat talents, with certainty to max out unit health. Any extras can go toward total defense.
    Also, each reset, be sure to appoint appropriate officers and keep them upgraded as much as possible. Same follows for medals.
    You'll notice on Eco I don't focus much on RSS production, as my hypers are taking care of that.

As requested, here is my basic guide for invasion hyper farming:
    First, there's a big difference in approaching a hyper as opposed to a battle base. In addition to providing mountains of RSS, a good hyper can provide reinforcement troops for a main, easy PvP points when you're running behind on quality hits, diamonds, and also they help with hive security. Any farm OTHER THAN FOOD can produce troops. Food farms need to remain food positive. So once you've decided on a RSS type, set to making a base. For ease, I use outlook email, only because outlook allows alias addresses off one central email. Then make a dummy FB acct to bind to your gem mine.

I'll fast forward past the simple crap we have done before.
    Like a combat base, start the farm with one armory,one garage and the rest mints. Mints need to be upgraded to max, for good cash output.
    With RSS, let's say your making an energy farm. One each of food, steel, and oil for purposes of levelling up HQ. The rest are energy plants. Upgrade to the max.
    So far this is the simplistic stuff we all know to do.
    Here's where the hidden keys lay....
    Upgrading strategy for hypers is very different from a battle base. With hypers, the number 1 priority is talents,not power. Upgrade buildings that give most exp points.
    Research...yes its a farm, but be certain to research t3 and defenses fully,as these give big talent points. Also, fully research the RSS type you're farming.
    Shipping center needs to be big as possible to limit tax per shipment

Base capacities: this is the biggie. If u click function on a RSS plant, you see hourly output, base output and base capacity. Base capacity is the quantity at which your farm will stop producing until you use or lose some. Therefore, to keep the RSS flowing, you must empty the RSS before it reaches capacity. Initially, this isn't a problem because for a while everything you produce will go towards building the farm. As production grows,however, you will require a bank. A good bank is at bare minimum hq18. This allows for a big shipping ctr for minimal tax and large shipments. That's it for now,I'm sure I'll think of more later.
    P.s....its a good idea to have vip3 on farms. As the diamond mine produces, its nice to be able to gift yourself items you may need.

If anyone wants detailed help, private mssg me here and we can setup a Line discussion

Bump^^....hope it gets stickied

Quote Originally Posted by Asian View Post
    Great job compiling this together! I can tell you spent your time constructing this thread, and I know that this will surely help some people out
    Hey Asian! The list has been updated as of this morning. You have been playing for a long time, what do you think it is missing?
    PeaceMaker80
    Zone 34

John, with regards to requesting a title....
    My suggestion here is this. With big builds requiring food , like hq21 for instance, be sure to get the hat and all boosts situated before you bring the food into your base. This way, should there be a delay in obtaining a hat, your horrendous upkeep doesn't burn up your food supply. Also, don't forget to appoint the appropriate officers.

bump for prosperity. :-)
    PeaceMaker80
    Zone 34