Thread: Tiling

Tiling

Here's an interesting, at least to me, question. When tiling, what's your preferred tecnique? Do you port into an area and start a cross eminating out from your base? Or do you pick a strategic location at an edge and start tiling across typewriter style?

Personally, I prefer finding or making a start point that allows me to tile in a diagonal fashion, as opposed to a straight line. I find for me, this most efficient because it provides more unlocked sides per tile, essentially more open surface area to work from. What are your thoughts or experiences?

For me it really depends on the area I'm trying to take.

If it's a smaller area I usually just port in the middle of it and take around me slowly. I don't really have a technique to it unless there's someone trying to stop me from occupying, or is just nearby and is doing some stuff lol.

However, if the area is much larger I use your technique and try and make it easier for me and everything.

I don't know how to say it all, but I've occupied over 1500 tiles so I think I know what I'm doing lol.
    AND HIS NAME IS...

Asian

I usually do typewriter style. straight across in a line. then shift down