Thread: Chat Going Dark...

Chat Going Dark...

It seems that after a short time of not typing in the guild chat, that the chat goes dark. By this I mean you don't see any new comments posted to the chat channel, and when you do decide to post something you are told you have to reboot the game to get chat to work again..

Example... Today I was only for 9 hours straight, doing resource collections, base upgrades, building troops, but the chat was DEAD.. Or so that is what I thought.. I went to type in Guild Chat, which showed last comment as of 7 hours ago, and I get an error message say some unknown Force Field is disrupting communications, and I needed to restart the game to continue.. This has been happening alot in the past month, and even more so since this past update..
    Anyhow, I rebooted game, and when I check the Guild Chat I see multiple comments of people saying "Hello", or "Where is everyone"...... My best guess is we are all here, just not seeing anything in chat.. The reason I know people are around, is the Help button is constantly popping up on screen to help in a upgrade to a building or research.. Our group is a very chatty group of folks.. But with the chat system not working, it makes the guild appear dead.. Now at the same time, Zone Chat was still alive and well, and I noticed some of our members posting messages and chatting in Zone Chat, yet Guild Chat was dead...

Please look into this. Without the interactions between team members, this game will start to lose people FAST.. The game is fun, but the team of people in the guild is what keeps you wanting to play. You get attached to your team, and want to show pride. But if you feel the team has left, you may also leave and this would all be based on a lie. A lie that the inactive chat means there is no one to play with....

And one last thing, I'm on a Wi-Fi network, so I know the network connection is strong, as well as Zone Chat was working, and Resource collections were going as scheduled, as also the Solo and Guild Activities were working as should.. Just the Guild chat seems to stop working after being on for a short while..

Sincerely,
    Lowhawk "ZONE#27"

Hi Philip! Thanks for your time to share it with us. I personally understand that teamwork is what sticks players together. But the thing is that our tech team tested the chat function and failed to reappear your issue. My suggestion is that you could collect more feedbacks about this issue first. Please ask your guild members if they have encountered the same issue as you do. If so, contact us from in game customer service to give us the feedbacks and tell us your guild name. We will investigate it further. Thanks!

It is happening to everyone in our zone. We all have mentioned it in Zone Chat with each other.. Zone 27.. But I will also go in through the CS from within the game.. It appears to me, like the chat box on the client's end goes into hibernation after 20 or 30 minutes of not typing in chat, and cant be woke up without a reset.
    Last edited by Philip Smith; 02-22-2016 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Smith View Post
    It is happening to everyone in our zone. We all have mentioned it in Zone Chat with each other.. Zone 27.. But I will also go in through the CS from within the game.. It appears to me, like the chat box on the client's end goes into hibernation after 20 or 30 minutes of not typing in chat, and cant be woke up without a reset.
    Thanks for your cooperation! We will test this issue further to check if we could make any improvement. Thanks!

I've had the same issue several times CS. I'm not sure what's wrong there

Quote Originally Posted by Allie Downs View Post
    I've had the same issue several times CS. I'm not sure what's wrong there
    You could PM me your issue, Allie!