Thread: [PROBLEM] Zone 143 Zone Chat is unusable due to spambots selling accounts...

Exclamation [PROBLEM] Zone 143 Zone Chat is unusable due to spambots selling accounts...

I created a new acct to bounce around the new zones so I could recruit new players to come to Zone 34 since you guys don't drop new players there anymore. And came across Zone 143. Their Zone Chat is completely useless right now because it is constantly filled with Spambots selling accounts

So I reported in game, but was unable to add screen shot because I was on BlueStacks at the time. I put in the report that I would post SS on forums.

PeaceMaker80
    Zone 34

Please use the in-game reporting function. Click on the chat message, click on "..." then click on report and select the correct reason. We will take care of the reports very quickly.

I reported it in game. But I couldn't keep up with the amount of spam bots, so I used a regular CS mail. And told them I would post pics in forums because I couldn't load them there.
    PeaceMaker80
    Zone 34

Quote Originally Posted by john35 View Post
    I reported it in game. But I couldn't keep up with the amount of spam bots, so I used a regular CS mail. And told them I would post pics in forums because I couldn't load them there.
    I know how annoying those things can be, so what I'd suggest is to get as many people as you can in the zone to report em' so they can be booted out of there asap.
    AND HIS NAME IS...

Asian

Quote Originally Posted by Asian View Post
    I know how annoying those things can be, so what I'd suggest is to get as many people as you can in the zone to report em' so they can be booted out of there asap.
    I left the zone and went over to 140 and picked up a few players. No bots there. But 143 and 144 are RIDICULOUSLY filled with bots selling accounts and resources.
    PeaceMaker80
    Zone 34

I've noticed there are a few server where this is happening a ton. I'm really sorry for the issues with them. I'm working on a suggestion to fix this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I've noticed there are a few server where this is happening a ton. I'm really sorry for the issues with them. I'm working on a suggestion to fix this issue.
    Just a suggestion,

With newbie names still intact, limit the amount of posts that they can post. Say 1 post per minute.

Also, you could do a human interface check on all new accts. Set them up to randomly appear through out the growth of the bases, and lessen each base level until they hit level 6 (where the acct can no longer be sold for jumping purposes.)

I realize the HIC will be a slight pain in the ass for new players. But I think it will definitely help at least slow down the spam.

But it would also reduce the amount of time the devs spend on banning these accts because the HIC system would be automated.

Also having the player verify their email address would help as well.

Just my suggestions.
    PeaceMaker80
    Zone 34